By Lucianne Poole
Here is an incomplete list of items I found (and left!) in a box next to a Staples photocopier on March 30, 2006. Think of this list as a cautionary tale ie. check the photocopier when you're done.
- One maroon passport printed in Arabic
- One marriage certificate, dated 2005 (Picton, Ontario)
- One wedding photograph
- One list of frequently asked questions about evolution downloaded from the Internet
- One mental health assessment
- One worn paperback entitled Feel the Fear and Do it Anyways by Susan Jeffers, PhD
- One handwritten bill for a $245.00 lock from Avenue Lock on Bank Street
- One certificate for 100 shares in 11351320 Ontario Limited, dated November 19, 1999.
- One T4 slip for the 2005 tax year
- One collection of recipes, including one for Scottish raisin scones, handwritten in a journal printed with a Lord of the Rings motif and entitled A Hobbit’s Travels.
- One current Ontario drivers license
I submitted this list to Geist magazine, which publishes such ephemera, but they never replied.
Have you ever found anything interesting in a photocopier?